Bactrim is a synthetic, antibacterial combined medication, which contains two active substances at once – Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim.
Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim are the antibacterial agents, used for the treatment of bacterial infections not only when combined, but also separately. However, the combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim has high antibacterial activity, which is why these antibacterial agents are prescribed separately in single cases only.
Combined antibiotic Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) is used in treatment of respiratory bacterial infections, prostate infections, urinary tract infections (UTI), intestinal infections, pneumonia and also for the treatment of acute bronchitis in patients with chronic pulmonary disease.
Pneumonia, caused by bacterial infection, called Pneumocystis carinii (pneumocystosis), is diagnosed in patients with weak immune system mostly.
In treatment of pneumocystosis, the common daily dose of Bactrim antibiotic depends on the patient’s body mass.
The common daily dose of Bactrim has to be divided into three equal parts, keeping interval between intakes of Bactrim dose, no less than 6 hours.
The total duration of Bactrim pills use for the treatment of pneumocystis pneumonia – is 3 weeks (21 days).
- Patients weighing up to 16 kg, have to take 1 pill of Bactrim.*
- Patients weighing 16 to 24 kg, should take 1 ½ tablet of Bactrim. *
- Patients with weight 24 to 32 kg have to take 2 pills of Bactrim.*
- Patients weighing 32 to 40 kg, should take 2 ½ of Bactrim tablets.*
- Patients with 40 to 48 kg body weight must take 3 tablets of Bactrim.*
- Patients weighing 48 to 64 kg should take 4 tablets of Bactrim.*
- Patients, whose weight is 64 to 80 kg, should take 5 Bactrim pills.*
Bactrim is not only used for the treatment but for the preventive measures of pneumocystis pneumonia too.
- For preventive treatment of pneumocystis pneumonia, adults and children over 12 years are prescribed by 1 pill of Bactrim, 1 time daily.
- Children younger than 12 years should take ½ of Bactrim tablet once daily for prevention of pneumocystis pneumonia.
Just like any other antibiotics, the most frequent side effects of Bactrim are: nausea, indigestion and diarrhea.
Antibiotic Bactrim is contraindicated for: patients under 2 months old; patients with acute renal or hepatic insufficiency; patients in pregnancy or breastfeeding period.
The daily dose of Bactrim drug for patients with kidney dysfunction depends on creatinine clearance rate.
- With creatinine clearance over 30 ml / min, the maximal daily dose is 4 tablets of Bactrim.
- With creatinine clearance 15-30 ml / min, maximum recommended daily dosage is 2 Bactrim pills.
- With creatinine clearance less than 15 ml / min, it is not recommended to take Bactrim medication.
- In case when Bactrim antibiotic is prescribed to patients on hemodialysis, it is necessary to take 2 tablets of Bactrim (once) in the first day of antibacterial therapy.
- The next days of antibacterial therapy, patient should take 1 pill of Bactrim a day.
- Elderly patients with normal kidney function do not require the adjustment of daily dose of Bactrim antibiotic.
- The recommended dosage of Bactrim for prophylaxis of infections in adults – is one pill of Bactrim, taken each 12 hours.
- For the prevention of infectious diseases in children, the daily dosage of Bactrim is adjusted by the doctor.
- For treatment of traveler’s Diarrhea, it is recommended to take 1 Bactrim pill every 12 hours during 5 days.
- Nocardiosis – it is infectious disease, caused by nocardia fungus, which affects lungs. Patients with nocardiosis are prescribed by 1 Bactrim pill, 4 times a day, every 6 hours.
- Duration use of Bactrim antibiotic for the antibacterial therapy of nocardiosis – is 3 months.
- The prescribed dose of antibacterial drug – Bactrim can be adjusted according to the age and body weight of a patient, and also depending on kidneys function and severity of infection process.
- In single cases the duration usage of Bactrim pills in treatment of nocardiosis reaches 18 months.
Before buying Bactrim online at our online pharmacy, you can apply to online pharmacist for a qualitative consultation and get the answers to your questions.
To buy Bactrim online, you will be offered to choose among different payment types and postal deliveries of Bactrim antibiotic. Please note that our online pharmacy allows to get a discount, which can really compensate your costs for the mail services. Thus, you can order Bactrim online at a discount price, when purchasing a large pack of Bactrim pills and also when making more orders of medications at our online pharmacy.
In case you decided to buy Bactrim online, but the validity term of prescription is over, you can order the delivery of Bactrim no prescription at our online pharmacy. More information on how to place the order for shipping of Bactrim without prescription is provided by online pharmacist, whom you can contact with by any means given on website.